Friday 7 September 2012

New Life


I've been busy with my photography business over the past few weeks.  I have had two new baby shoots, and I have two more coming up.  It is really exciting to see the realization of a dream coming true.  I have dreamed of making it as a photographer since I was quite young.  My health has improved over the last year, so that I am now healthier than I have been since before my second son was born -- almost 16 years ago!  I feel like I have been given new life!

Each of us who has given our life to Jesus has been given new life.  My last post talked about dying.  That is the hard part of the Gospel message.  The great news is that after we have died with Christ, we are raised with Him to New Life!
(Rom 6:8-11 from The Message)  If we get included in Christ’s sin-conquering death, we also get included in his life-saving resurrection. We know that when Jesus was raised from the dead it was a signal of the end of death-as-the-end. Never again will death have the last word. When Jesus died, he took sin down with him, but alive he brings God down to us. From now on, think of it this way: Sin speaks a dead language that means nothing to you; God speaks your mother tongue, and you hang on every word. You are dead to sin and alive to God. That’s what Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment