Wednesday 6 March 2013

Strength comes from Hoping in the Lord

Almost a month has gone by since my last post! I am not doing well balancing the responsibilities in my life.  My brother and I just started a business, which God is blessing abundantly.  I have been spending 10 hours a week sitting with my grandmother, as I watch her health deteriorate.  I still have the responsibilities of home, parenting, and co-leading two Bible study groups. And, I still face chronic fatigue. Although God keeps prompting me to continue this blog, I have given in to tiredness or distraction.  Please forgive me.

Isaiah 40:25-31
 “To whom will you compare me?
    Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
    Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
    and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
    not one of them is missing.

 Why do you complain, Jacob?
    Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
    my cause is disregarded by my God”? 
 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Lord Almighty, forgive me for forgetting Whom it is who calls me to do certain tasks! You are the Everlasting God! You are the King of Heaven! You are my Saviour! You are the God of miracles! You never call anyone to do something without providing them what they need to accomplish it!  I have been tired and weary, but if I put my hope in YOU, my strength will be renewed! Father, I pray for those who feel weary today.  This fallen and broken world brings many things our way that weary us! Remind those who are weary and worn out that You love them; that You are fighting for them; that You will renew them and refresh them, that You will make theirs sins as white as snow if they belong to You! Help us to live in Your strength. It is when when obey You beyond our own abilities and strength that You can work miracles!  Gives us hearts to obey no matter how hard that task may seem. Let us give You all the glory and praise and honour! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment