Wednesday 22 August 2012

A prayer -- rerun


Oh Jesus,
I want Your perfect love
            Yet I try to fill up elsewhere
I’ve seen Your face.
I’ve tasted Your blessings.
Yet those blessings fade quickly from my thoughts
            And I return to my false lovers.

You have revealed to me Your truth,
            Yet I still pursue the lies.
I hate this about myself.
On my own, I cannot change.
Oh Jesus, change me!
            Change me from the inside!

I want the freedom You offer!
I want to know You
            To love you
                To seek You
                     To desire You above all else!
I don’t want to follow the lies,
I want to follow You –
            wherever You lead me.

Crucify my pride,
     My laziness
           My addictions
                  My selfishness.
Oh Jesus,
     Forgive me!
           Heal me!
                 Change me!
I cannot do anything without You!

I want  You , Jesus!
            I want Your presence within me!
            I want Your holiness to transform me!
            I want Your will to consume me!
            I want Your glory to radiate from me!
            I want Your love to motivate me!
Jesus, I want You to define Me.

I want my life to matter,
            But I want You to matter more to me
                Than anything about my life.
You have given everything to me.
            May I withhold nothing from You.

You have been outlandish in Your love for me,
            Show me something outlandish I can do for You.
Let me love You with
            All my heart
                 All my soul
                        All my mind
                             All my strength!

I love you, Jesus!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment